Empower Employees, Challenge Conventions
Meet Kevin McMurray
Paper / Buyer
I’ve been a proud member of this incredible team since February of 2021, and it has been great. The benefits are fantastic, and the owners truly go above and beyond for every employee. It’s more than a job; It’s a community where everyone’s success is a priority.
Both Manufacturing and Office Positions
1st Shift Press Operator
- Operates a flexographic die cutting press (Mark Andy, Aztech, Rotoflex)
- Reviews work instructions for proper setup and processing of jobs. Installs tooling and dies for each job and makes proper adjustments to the press.
- Supports maintenance personnel in the care and preventative maintenance of machinery.
- Ensures production areas are maintained in an orderly and clean manner.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and company policies.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs and have excellent work performance and attendance history. Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
2nd Shift Press Operator
- Reviews daily production schedule. Assigns staff to presses and jobs to ensure production goals are met. May set up machines at start of shift. Interprets order specification/special instructions to operators as needed.
- Works with Production Scheduling to proactively address issues that may inhibit jobs from being completed on time.
- Keeps downtime for job changeovers to a minimum. Coordinates tooling, paper and support to ensure all materials are at press prior to changeover.
- Conducts quality checks of operator work. Ensures all paperwork is accurately completed.
- Leads assigned staff. Assists in hiring, developing, disciplinary actions and terminations. Provides consistent feedback to staff. Understands and enforces company policies.
- Troubleshoots press problems. Makes adjustments and reports issues to maintenance as required.
- Operates assigned presses to safety, production and quality.
- Must have 1-3 years supervisory or team lead experience in a manufacturing setting.
Crane Consumables is a local, family-owned manufacturer of bar code, pricing and packaging labels. Our labels can be found on shipped packages, prescription bottles, warehoused parts, pizza boxes and other food packaging, and even on satellites in orbit!
We are in need of a reliable and self-motivated individual to perform a variety of administrative tasks, including processing and printing customer orders, scanning documentation, and performing other backup tasks as needed.
- Scans/files work tickets and order documentation.
- Prints orders and prepares work ticket packets for production.
- Assembles sample packets, pulling labels, drawings and other documentation.
- Creates work tickets for stock orders.
- Acts as backup to staff as needed.
- Strong work ethic and good attendance record.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in counting and basic math calculations.
While this job is mainly located in an office setting, it does require ability to maneuver within our production and warehouse areas.
Starting pay is $16/hr, plus quarterly bonus opportunity after 90 days.
Benefits for full-time employees include health/dental/vision insurance, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% company match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, company paid life and short term disability insurance, and free lunch every Friday!